Attached is a patch that gets rid of the timer. Feedback now uses the
Preemptive handler instead. Much simpler. The patch also finishes off the
Converters and Formats tabs. ALMOST. I need a little help to finish off, so...

I haven't made use of a functor; if anyone is desperately worried, then feel
free. Note that the vectors are very small!

Can't yet Apply the Converters because I didn't have time to make Converter a
"real" class. Ie, it's still static. Perhaps you'd do this, Dekel, as you
know the code best. (Everything in FormPreferences should be ready; all you'd
need to do is uncomment the code in applyConverters().)

A question for Dekel: what is the Flags field for in the Converters tab? I
put it in because you asked me to, but have no idea how to use it. Again,
perhaps you'd do this. Note the associated comment in feedbackConverters()!

Another question: in lyxrc.defaults there is the command:

        \ps_command "gs"

This isn't implemented in the Preferences dialog. Should it be, or can it be
replaced by a Converter (PS->XPM perhaps)? If it should be implemented, then
where should it go. Note also that it will need a brief description in
LyXRC::getDescription().

I think that's it. Everything should now be (almost!) working except for the
Colours tab.

Angus

patch.diff.bz2