> Vincent, why didn't you fix the thing silently?

Because if I did, I would need to correct all your future patches/commits.

> This discussion will set a rule
> that (whatever it will be!) will make me crazy!

Discussion or not the rule will be there.

There is no way you will be able to convince me to relax this limit. In my
IDE I have a solution explorer to the left, leaving only 80 characters
available for the code itself.

There is something really wrong in your coding style when you HAVE TO go
over this limit. Please add a variables in the line above with a meaningful
name that will do some of the work. Then I don't have to be puzzled by lines
like

   if (toString(buffer().bufferview().title) == "somestupidlongstring &&
!(runparams.output_type > LATEX || (unrelated.variable == 3 &&
runparams.output_type < XETEX)

I agree that there can be an exception for specific lines with connects or
an array with strings or whatever.

P.S. My laptop doesn't have a huge widescreen.

Vincent