On 04/05/2011 00:29, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

    Agreed. I think we should switch to git right now.

Let's not rush:
- Where do we want to host it ?

gitorious is fine.

- How are we gonna set up the cvs-log list ?

I don't really care :-)

- Lots of people are not familiar with git right now.

I reckon my 60s tutorial is enough to get started...

- Did we already agree on a workflow that is suitable for everyone ?

No, and that's why I proposed that:

    Vincent, as you are the new maintainer, in order to ease the
    transition, I suggest to allow those that do not want to use
    branches just yet to push to master "à la svn".

This will be ... uhh.. the svn repo itself ? It's easy to use git svn fetch to get them into the git repo.

So if I want to develop right now, I have to use svn? I'd prefer to use git straight away.

Don't push the people not ready to switch (although some pushing might be necessary ;)).

This is just a mental barrier... the kind that cannot be broken if not pushed...

Abdel.