Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>> Let's not rush:
>> - Where do we want to host it ?
>
> gitorious is fine.

question about gitorious:
- do we have the possibility to have some kind of commit hooks with gitorious?
- is there any chance of integration with trac, so timeline and references
  to commits in bugs do work? mainly the current references to svn like r2222
  are very useful.
- how works the commit access? up to now we have given @lyx.org and commit
access
  together. is there some hierarchy of permissions or whoever gain right
  to commit can do whatsoever he wants with trunk?
  who now gains the privileges to decide such things in gitorious?

>> - How are we gonna set up the cvs-log list ?
>
> I don't really care :-)

i would expect some support given that you are so hurry :)
this must work before we switch.

up to know it was solved via commit hooks on lyx.org server.
i guess we could proceed with lyx.org again, but it would be
substantialy more work than gitorious. do you feel like working on it?
(maybe Lars can help?).

>> - Lots of people are not familiar with git right now.
>
> I reckon my 60s tutorial is enough to get started...
>
>> - Did we already agree on a workflow that is suitable for everyone ?

i would create wiki page where will be three things for newbies:
1. how to setup, (gui clients in windows exist?) etc
2. how to work in the a'la svn style with direct pushing of commits
3. how to start using branches if you work on some more complicated feature

some things can be borrowed from the current lyx wiki devel/git,
but this page is constructed for git-svn style of work, so i would let it
untouched itself.

maybe that agreement will follow from discussing particular recipies in that
new wiki page?

pavel