Hi Abdel,

Sorry for the general density. I'm an infant amongst men when it comes to most
programming things.

>> Hmm. I'm curious to hear more details on how this would work. Would all
>> documents use this by default,
>
> No
>
>>  or would it be something that the user would enable?
>
> Yes
>
>> Also, how would we handle the user interface?
>
> The user won't see git at all. The user would see a new embedded lyx format,
> we can call it elyx for example.

Okay, this makes a great deal more sense.

>>  I know it is a wonderful tool, but git is a very complicated beast. I've
>> just barely started to wrap my head around it. When I tried to get
>> colleagues to use it, there was a minor revolt. The benefit of the VCS
>> integration now is that it is simple and transparent to the user. Adding a
>> managed git interface might make things much more complicated, I'm not sure
>> that would be a good development.
>
> I am not talking about VCS integration at all.

That makes sense. i wasn't sure if this was a discussion about embedding git
into LyX or making use of a subset of git features. Completely clear now.

> You are free to add bzr integration into LyX :-)

I might just look into that. But I've already got an ambitious things I want to
add in the next year. Not sure I'm ready to sign up for any others ;)

Cheers,

Rob