On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Allan,
>
> READ THE BLOODY DOCUMENTATION!!!!!!!!
>
> while (reading) {
>       ;-) ;-) ;-);
> }

Consider TF Message Read.

> When your cursor goes over amy object in FormPreferences you get a little bit
> of text. Read it. Act upon it!

You already set the X11 name by some search method. Why not set the colour
swatch to that shade and have the modify key active instead of requiring
the user click three times to make a mod?  Alternatively, why not allow
the user to choose a colour other than one with an X11 name?  I have no
idea what you need to do to make this work but it seems silly to me that a
user is restricted to named colours only.

If you have a good reason for this restriction then what is it? I have no
problem with a discrete colour space if that is what you want I just think
you should make it easier for idiot users like me by only using that
discrete colour space in the colour swatch.  That way I only need press
Modify and Apply to see the pretty colours changing!  (Excellent work BTW)

BTW, can we please, pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top,
have the next larger font for the messages ;-)

Allan. (ARRae)

P.S.    Bold GUI text (and some random GUI text) seems unaffected by a change
        to GUI_text. ...pause..

        Wow! That's weird!  Try this:
                set GUI_background to a dark colour (purple4 for example)
                set GUI_text to white.
        most bold gui text is still black
                set GUI_background to grey16
                set GUI_text to mediumpurple1
        now the bold text stuff is white and rest is purple.
        Change virtual desktops and then back again.
        LyX is now rooolly purty (all GUI_text is now purple)

No idea how to fix this.