On Friday 01 December 2000 15:03, Duncan Simpson wrote:
> If the code quoted is typical then it could all be replaced by
> XlookupColorn which returns the closest and exact colour

'Fraid not. X11 uses short ints r,g,b in the range 0 < r,g,b < 63000ish
Xforms uses chars in the range 0 < r,g,b < 255

My plan is to store colors in the LyX kernel using my own struct and to only
use X11 stuff in those few X11-dependent routines that willl eventually be
separated out of the kernel and into frontends. That will help enable a
native Windows port too.

> use anyway---a place to tpye a colour name is good for me (and helps me
> find a decent gold in any case).

Well, I've just added RGB sliders too. That should help.

Angus