Am 11.05.2011 06:18, schrieb Joost Verburg:

b. the installer has a button "Details", but this button should be pressed by
default when MiKTeX
is installed together with LyX. This only affects new users and they might not
expect that the
installation process can take many minutes. I therefore also state this in my
installer because I
once got several complaints.

There's also the message above the progress bar indicating the MiKTeX
configuration takes a while.
Do you think it's necessary to show all the technical details of configure.py
which the user
probably won't understand?

This should only be the case if LyX is installed with MiKTeX. The user then see the name of the package. As the installation process of the packages can take half an hour, he can estimate the time when he see e.g. "Braille...". The list is alphabetically and thus indicates how much time will still be needed. If MiKTeX is already installed, this is of course not necessary. But in this case, the user won't use the bundle installer.

regards Uwe