> We could avoid that if you would discuss your plans for branch on the list
> first instead of just wildly committing.

You are right.
However, I think that the string freeze should be clearly announced, maybe I missed this. Moreover nobody stopped me in my revision of our documentation files and I was simply not aware to break something in making the files compilable.

But why do we have a hard string freeze and why is it about 2 weeks? I mean if we can fix a bug that changes a string, it is worth it. I don't see why it harms if 3 strings of 5177 strings are not translated to every language. The benefit of a fixed bug is greater than a translated string.
We should think about the string freeze policy.

regards Uwe