Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
>> Fine. If I understand correctly the shift "stage"->"devel" stable can help
>> you to rewrite history (e.g. by merging fix of fix commits). So then we
>> would have 2 incompatible histories in two repos.
>
> No, the staging repo has no own fixed history.

So if I commit fix for bug 1234 in stage and put changeset:xxxx pointer into
trac there is no guarantee I find it again?

>> Now, you plan to to replace "stage" after main release by "devel" tree and
>> start from there again development, now with clearer history? What commit
>> checksum is primary for the pruposes of trac for example then?
>
> Whenever a feature gets into the official repo, it will not change anymore,
> and the sha1 will be definite.

So your plan is to play with stage history (eg merge commits) and from time
to time push such repaired history into official? From that time no changes
will be done to those commits in stage as well?

Pavel