Le 28/06/2012 12:30, Liviu Andronic a écrit :
Correct me if I'm wrong, we all agree that the 3 possible installation
procedures have their own advantages and disadvantages:
- 'Install on the fly' results in a complete LyX installation where
all works. It is appropriate for new and inexperienced users. It might
be inappropriate for experienced users.
- 'Don't install' results in a broken LyX installation where nothing
works. However, the installation procedure is snappy. It is
appropriate only for experienced users who know what they're doing.
- 'Ask before installing' can result in an incomplete installation, is
very slow and provides for a horrible user experience. It is
appropriate only for those who know what they're in for and know what
they're doing. It is likely inappropriate at all.

What about packaging the extra packages together with LyX. Doesn't miktex allow to create a lyx-extra meta package that we could just put together with the windows installer?