Le 18/10/12 00:40, Tommaso Cucinotta a écrit :
On 17/10/12 23:19, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
On 17/10/12 11:26, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
For my lectures, I use marginal notes quite a lot, and I would be
quite annoyed if they wouldn't be easily reachable anymore (via
Alt+E+R in my German l7n currently).

Further alternative/proposal: what about a single menu entry
"Insert->Note...", popping up a dialog, with a radio-box allowing to
choose the type of note (and I can easily imagine a text/label right on
its right explaining what these different notes are), where "footnote"
would be automatically selected (so just type Enter and you're done with
that -- most common type of note I guess), then "marginal note" could be
the 2nd choice (so, [Down][Enter] and you're down), and so on... ?

I'm just realizing there's already such a dialog: context-menu on LyX
note, for example, then Settings... So, what's really bad in making the
UI for all of these notes all the same ? Want a note ? Just insert a
note, then you get immediately the dialog, you pick your choice (and see
these notes shortly explained if you're newbie), then click [Ok] button,
or [Enter]. You could even have a preference voice "\default_note_type"
with possible types "ask" (dialog), "LyX", "footnote", "marginal", ...
(you got the point).

Yes, but the point is that there is note and note. I agree that our current UI is not very good at separating the two (markup vs author annotation), but it is not a reason for making this worse.

In some way, LyX Note could belong somewhere with change tracking, as an authoring tool of some sort. But I do not have anything to propose.
It could also be a special branch which is (always?) off.