On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Le 18/10/12 01:49, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
>
>>> Stupid question; where is importation of knitr files defined in
>>> converters?
>>

>> Rnw (knitr) -> latex (plain)
>> The converter is currently:
>> Rscript --verbose --no-save --no-restore $$s/scripts/lyxknitr.R $$p$$i
>> $$p$$o $$e $$r
>> When I change this to the following, import works:
>> Rscript --verbose --no-save --no-restore $$s/scripts/lyxknitr.R $$p$$i
>> $$p$$o ISO-8859-15 $$r
>

> But this is a converter for export, not import.

Ah, then I don't understand how LyX handles imports. The Customization
manual does not talk about importing. Doesn't LyX use the converters
to convert the file to LaTeX and then use tex2lyx to import the tex
file?

> What is the difference between the Rnw files when you do this change?

No difference. In the recipe for reproducing, steps (1) and (2) are
the same. To get it to import I only substitute for $$e before step
(3) (importing).

Scott