On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Le 18/10/2012 14:02, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
>
>> Ah, then I don't understand how LyX handles imports. The Customization
>> manual does not talk about importing. Doesn't LyX use the converters
>> to convert the file to LaTeX and then use tex2lyx to import the tex
>> file?
>

> Normally, the importation is done by tex2lyx using the -n flag, but I think
> that this support needs to be updated to the new world of module based
> literate programming.
>
> The old way this "noweb mode" works is
> 1/ ensure that the class name is literate-something (now it would be ensure
> that some module is loaded and the module name should be passed to tex2lyx)
>
> 2/ when a layout starts with <<, change it to a layout with name "Scrap".
> This could be OK because the Sweave/knitr modules declare Scrap as a synonym
> for Chunk.
>
> 3/ transform [[something]] to ERT. I do not know what this is good for,
> presumably a noweb-only thing.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

>>> What is the difference between the Rnw files when you do this change?
>>

>> No difference. In the recipe for reproducing, steps (1) and (2) are
>> the same.
>

> You mean that the Rnw files are the same in the two cases? This is weird.

Yes, the only thing that changes is what I have as the Converter for
Rnw (knitr) to LaTeX (plain). Is there some other output that I can
send? Any -dbg flag that I can set to give more information on this?

Thanks,

Scott