Nico Williams wrote:
> No, it doesn't.  I've tried.  I need more metadata than Docbook knows.
>  Please either be much more specific about how to make Docbook meet my
> needs or accept my explanations for why it won't do.

Ah, somehow I didn't catch that you already discovered it's impossible
to specify some particular info in DocBook language, one naively expects
that it's possible to declare or define <myinfo>blah</myinfo> or similar.
Anyway, since I'm not going to dig it I accept the impossibility :)

> I'm bringing what I think is a fresh perspective.  After the break
> (after New Year's) I hope others will consider it.

Let us see, cheers,
Pavel