Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2013 um 14:01:15, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>
> > Once you started to use test with suffixed lyx, I had to follow to be able
> >
> > to argue ...
> >
> > Thanks to you, I am using it now too by default
>
> Good to hear. Now everyone has one less excuse for writing tests.
> Speaking of which, do you know why no one writes any tests?

It's standard between developers I met in my life :(

I for one try to convert all available tests to be useful with cmake,
so not even I wrote a single test yet.

> It seems
> to me that only you, Georg and Tommaso like tests.

This partly may be, because many of the developers use automake.
In cmake it is so much easier to make tests having unified looking,
but I don't dare to say it too loudly ...

> I don't think that
> autotests are very elegant (simulating keyboard input and sometimes
> needing to put in manual pauses) but it's the only way and I think it
> works surprisingly well.

thanks to Tommaso

> Note that I sent this email just to you. I don't want to be critical
> on the list (at least not until I know a little more what I'm talking
> about).

Yes, I also try to be nice on list. And if I want to be thankful then it's
easier
to write a private mail than messing the list with no info ...

OTOH, this list can be tough. Sometimes the flame-wars are hard to digest ...

> Scott

        Kornel