On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org>wrote:

> 10/09/2013 09:01, Vincent van Ravesteijn:
>
>  I had a look at the branch, and I have the following comments:
>>
>> - In the commit logs, it is nowhere mentioned why the cleanups are
>> necessary.
>>

> Indeed... But removing #ifdef's is always good, isn't it?

I don't say it ain't good, I just would like to have an insight in what
trouble the evil-#ifdefs caused... but I found it in on lyx-devel...

>  - In commit ed55131e8, the "automake subdirs" is silently introduced. As
>> this change has caused such a lot of work, it should really be a
>> separate commit, and should explain that the other commits were needed
>> to allow this. In this same commit, the TEX2LYX defines are removed.
>> This should be a separate commit, or be merged with the work that was
>> needed in removing the TEX2LYX defines.
>>

> Yes, this should be the final commit. How can one split a commit in two?

As the commits are already published and Stephan might also be working on
them, it is safest not to change history now.  If you want to do it anyway:

git checkout features/kill-tex2lyx-defines
git rebase -i master
Mark the commit to be edited.
When the rebase stops:
git reset HEAD~1
Now, "git add" and "git commit" several times until all changes are
committed again.
git rebase --continue

>  - The change to src/tex2lyx/tex2lyx.cpp is unexpected in a commit that
>> says it removes something from ModuleList.cpp.
>>

> Most of my commits are build like that: a dummy implementation is created
> to avoid an #ifdef in the code that needs the said function.

I understand the idea, but I failed to see the relation between removing
the #ifdef's in LyXModule and adding a dummy implementation for
LaTeXFeatures::isAvailable().

> Do you want me to modify the commit logs?

I'm in no position to tell you what you'll have to do. I'll rebase the
branch when it is clear to me what Stephan exactly wanted to do with the
Encodings stuff, and I might add your previous explanations to the logs.
It's hardly any effort then.

However, if you feel like you have anything to share with the world, ....

Vincent