On 10/11/13 23:51, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> Any hint as to how to restore a sane environment (branch) :-) ?

looking at

http://git.lyx.org/?p=developers/tommaso/lyx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/features/chat

it seems to me that
1) master on the development/tommaso repo is NOT advancing
2) patches from lyx trunk (origin/master) are inter-spacing with
   commits for the feature branch

regarding 1), I tried to configure a local branch "tommaso/master" with

[branch "tommaso/master"]
        remote = tommaso
        merge = refs/heads/features/chat

but it doesn't work, or at least when I try to checkout this branch I get the

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

which sounds to me as wrong.

AFAICU, ideally we should keep:
a) tommaso/master "copying" (replicating) origin/master
b) tommaso/features/chat adding only patches on top of tommaso/master, which is
identical to origin/master thanks to a)

Again, magic hints/spells to cast :D ?

        T.