Dear LyX developers, I'm Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi, I contribute to KDE-Edu[1] (mainly to math applications) and, of course I'm a enthusiastic LyX user too.

I would like to request your advice and help: Currently our math applications lacks a good (LaTeX based) WYSIWYG editor for math expressions, I think this feature is a must for our users, however the only good implementation I know is in LyX. Our goal is to have a library (C++/Qt based) that can provide us with that functionality, so many KDE-Edu (and even KDE) applications can use it.

In order to do that, I would like to know:

What chances we have to reuse your code?
Which parts of LyX code are relevant for this feature?
How hard do you think (in terms of knowledge, time) can be this? We are currently 2 developers for this task.

A quick view to the LyX code tells me that src/mathed and src/frontends/ is where we need to focus, but I'm sure you can give us more insights about how to achieve this goal, we are new with LyX code, so any advice will help us. Also, we are fine with LyX license, since KDE applications are free software too.

Thanks,
Percy (aucahuasi)

[1] http://edu.kde.org/