a long, long time ago...

We were having this self-same discussion. I wrote a new InsetNote. It did
nothing but replace InsetInfo with GUI-I and NEW_INSET code. Shall I resubmit
it again now that NEW_INSETs are go? It'll provide the starting point for
some real work on this. I seem to remember that at the time we defined THREE
possible notes. It's all in the archives...

Also note that Jean-Marc and Dekel have both proposed a general gotoInset
dialog analogous to the Find&Replace dialog for text.

Angus