On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>wrote:

> Le 08/05/14 18:45, Abdelrazak Younes a écrit :
>
>  I don't read Arabic but my wife does. I'll see if I can find time over
>> the week-end to compile your branch.
>>

> Thanks, you're a sweetheart. I already know that cursor positioning is
> wrong, but I am not sure yet how to make this work. If smething looks
> wrong, I'm interested too to know whether it is a regression wrt master or
> 2.0.x.

As a first trial cursor positioning seems correct. I don't have much time
to check against lyx2.0 but I copied and paste from the web (Firefox) to
LyX and LibreOffice.
Main visible issue is with letter LAM when combined with ALIF.

LAM is "G" on the english keyboard:
ل

ALIF is "H" on the english keyboard:
ا

LAM-ALIF:
لا

Above should be correctly shown in gmail webmail, it looks like Gamma greek
letter. In LyX if shows this:

Abdel