On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:00:56PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Me, I like 1 best. But we'll still run into problems when navigating between
> labels if the labels are in different buffers. Ideally, the popup should know
> whether the buffers are related (share a common parent). If they do, stay
> open, if not close. That sounds excessively complex. Why don't I override
> UpdateSlot to:
>
> void FormRef::updateSlot(bool switched)
> {
>                  update();
> }
>
> Will that be sufficient?

This will not fix the bug.

I've attached a solution for the bug, by completely changing
BufferView::savePosition and BufferView::restorePosition.
Instead of keeping a stack of positions, we keep a vector of positions,
where elementp #0 in the evctor is used for goto reference/go back mechanism,
and the rest of the elements are used for bookmarks (try the
edit->bookmarks menu), which is a quite useful feature.

I would like to apply this patch to HEAD and to 1.1.6 branch.
Any comments?

patch.gz