On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On 02/28/2015 07:35 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>
> I cannot comment on retina support and on usefulness of sponsoring, although
> it might be useful for designing icons.
>
> Concerning performance, it will get a good improvement on MacOS in 2.2. More
> performance can be achieved probably, but this is not planned for 2.2 yet.
>
> Note that the main thing that blocks 2.2 now is actually complete retina
> support.
>

> Stephan, do you have any sense for how much remains to be done here? Does it
> make sense to start thinking about an alpha release?

Note that part of the problem is that for retina support we would
require Qt 5. There are a few pending issues with LyX and Qt 5, as
noted here:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9215

And we keep finding more (two weeks ago, Kornel found a bug due to Qt
5: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9412).

I think that it still makes sense to go forward, but I just wanted to
point this out. At some point we need to make a decision regarding
which minimum version of Qt 5 we want to require.

Scott