On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:02 AM, Cyrille Artho <c.ar...@aist.go.jp> wrote:

>> Note that part of the problem is that for retina support we would
>> require Qt 5. There are a few pending issues with LyX and Qt 5, as
>> noted here:
>> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9215
>>
>> And we keep finding more (two weeks ago, Kornel found a bug due to Qt
>> 5: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9412).
>>
>> I think that it still makes sense to go forward, but I just wanted to
>> point this out. At some point we need to make a decision regarding
>> which minimum version of Qt 5 we want to require.
>>
>> Scott
>>
> I would recommend going with a very recent version of Qt5. If we go through
> all the trouble of adapting the code, there is no need to support older
> versions. We'll have to support updated versions of Qt5 soon enough...

Keeping in mind at least latest Ubuntu LTS seems not unreasonable to
me, though. If we decide to go above this requirement, we shall
incapacitate a good chunk of our user base. Right now Ubuntu Trusty
14.04 LTS ships Qt5 5.2.1. If technically not too cumbersome, I would
suggest keeping this as a minimal requirement.

Regards,
Liviu

--
Do you think you know what math is?