Liviu Andronic wrote:

> Keeping in mind at least latest Ubuntu LTS seems not unreasonable to
> me, though. If we decide to go above this requirement, we shall
> incapacitate a good chunk of our user base. Right now Ubuntu Trusty
> 14.04 LTS ships Qt5 5.2.1. If technically not too cumbersome, I would
> suggest keeping this as a minimal requirement.

IMHO qt 4.x support should not be dropped for 2.2.0. Therefore, one could
require qt 4.8 (which is quite old) if qt 4.x is used, or 5.4 if qt 5.x is
used. Linux users who do not use bleeding edge distros can then use qt4, and
on OS X and Windows (where we build the packages ourselves anyway) we can
use the latest qt 5. AFAIK all qt problems which are solved by qt5 occur
only on OS X or Windows.

distros.

Georg