On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 3:17 AM, Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Enrico, Georg, Liviu, Kornel: warning/error + PDF

OK, looks like this is the most popular. I implemented the
warning/error + PDF in cd8be655. I applied the patches sent in this
thread with a few minor changes (e.g. I took out the warning because
there is no regression from a user point of view, the PDF is still
shown; I made the fix for removing PDF files on error more general to
allow for DVI files also) at 6343d994 through 0a6120cb.

Please test. There could be an issue with keeping files around (for
previewing even if error). For example, this could cause a problem if
part of our code depends on these files being deleted for detecting
whether there was an error (hopefully we do not do this).

Scott