On 28/02/2015 6:22 a.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:50 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:
as somewhat often I get errors but
a PDF does output (sometimes with useful clues on what really went
wrong, and pointers on how to fix it).
LaTeX errors? Strange, for me if my document has LaTeX errors and LyX
catches them by parsing the log, I do not get a PDF. I get the "LaTeX
Errors" dialog. You get the PDF and the "LaTeX Errors" dialog? Can you
send an example .lyx file that does this for you?

Scott
I've noticed that although LyX may report LaTeX errors and not display a pdf, nonetheless one is still produced in the temporary directory and can be displayed by double clicking. For example, create a math inset, insert an undefined control sequence, e.g. \blah, and a symbol or two, say xyz, and compile to pdf. LyX reports an undefined control sequence error and stops without displaying the pdf, but it *is* created in the temporary directory and will display a nicely typeset xyz.

Andrew