On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 01:55:02PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 01:23:00PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> > > No problem. Thanks for letting me know!
> > >
> > > Enjoy your time abroad.
> >
> > Hi Uwe,
> >
> > I get the feeling you are still busy, but I wanted to bump this email
> > in case you had time to take a look. We still haven't made concrete
> > plans for 2.2.0 so there should still be some time before it is
> > released.
>
> We are starting to make 2.2.0 plans so it would be nice to clear up any
> possible regressions as soon as possible.
>
> I took a deeper look at this. The change in behavior is due to 8010b90c.
> It is interesting to note that the .lyx file actually has
> hor_pos "c"
> so it might be that the correct behavior is to center it. Your commit
> might have fixed this bug. However, it is a change in behavior that I'm
> not sure users will expect. In fact, the horizontal position is greyed
> out before this commit so it does not seem that the user intended to set
> the horizontal position.
>
> Any thoughts?

Hi Uwe,

I am now convinced this is a regression. If in 2.1.x you just create a
simple frameless box and then you open the file in master, the box is
now centered.

I have a feeling that the fix might be simple. I think the fix is to
ignore the alignment from previous lyx formats because in 2.1.x although
the alignment is set as centered that had no effect on the output.
However, I don't know if it is possible to ignore the alignment in 2.2
because I suppose something must be chosen and there is no "default"
option in the horizontal alignment box. If this is the case, the perhaps
choosing "left" alignment is the best solution. That is, converting
center alignment to left alignment.

If you do not have time to look at this, can you please advise which
commits should be reverted? There are several commits from you around
the bisect commit (8010b90c) so I don't know which of them should be
reverted if 8010b90c is reverted.

In my opinion this is a serious regression. Many users have boxes.

Scott