Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> Hi Uwe,
>
> I am now convinced this is a regression. If in 2.1.x you just create a
> simple frameless box and then you open the file in master, the box is
> now centered.

I discussed the same issue with Uwe when the tex2lyx tests failed because of
these changes. He convinced me at that time that the old te2lyx output was
incorrect, but now I do not believe that anymore.

> I have a feeling that the fix might be simple. I think the fix is to
> ignore the alignment from previous lyx formats because in 2.1.x although
> the alignment is set as centered that had no effect on the output.

I'd think so as well.

> However, I don't know if it is possible to ignore the alignment in 2.2
> because I suppose something must be chosen and there is no "default"
> option in the horizontal alignment box. If this is the case, the perhaps
> choosing "left" alignment is the best solution. That is, converting
> center alignment to left alignment.
>
> If you do not have time to look at this, can you please advise which
> commits should be reverted? There are several commits from you around
> the bisect commit (8010b90c) so I don't know which of them should be
> reverted if 8010b90c is reverted.

We cannot simply revert stuff, for the reason you mention above: We cannot
ignore the alignment for 2.2 files. We do probably need another format
change.

> In my opinion this is a serious regression. Many users have boxes.

We should not release the alpha version with this regression IMHO.

Georg