On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 09:24:45PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9633
>
> I am a bit confused. I thought my fix which I just submitted would address
> this?

Ah that is great then. I was focused only on regressions caused by
46aed6d2 but it seems you fixed much more than I thought. Thank you!

If I remember correctly many of the failing tests after edd37de8 were
due to babel-specific code in the preamble. I will take a look to see if
any failures are due to the nested language issue.

> > In other words, I think that there is more of a concern of tests failing
> > when they should pass than the other way around, when doing the tests in
> > parallel.
>
> OK, one could still use the parallel version for quick testing what a
> particular change does, and the serial one for final verification. This
> would already save time.

Yes that should work.

> LyX is currently not very well suited for doing test driven development, but
> I can tell that (if the infrastructure is there) one gets good results very
> fast, and it even makes fun (despite being a buzz-word). Therefore I am
> trying to push for it.

This would be great. But I don't know if the export tests belong in this
category. They are so slow and they are integration tests. I would be
interested in learning more about unit tests. I believe that Vincent has
a unit test framework integrated into LyX somehow but I'm not sure there
were enough votes in favor of putting it in.

Scott