On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 07:59:59PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 09:24:45PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> > Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9633
> >
> > I am a bit confused. I thought my fix which I just submitted would address
> > this?
>
> Ah that is great then. I was focused only on regressions caused by
> 46aed6d2 but it seems you fixed much more than I thought. Thank you!
>
> If I remember correctly many of the failing tests after edd37de8 were
> due to babel-specific code in the preamble. I will take a look to see if
> any failures are due to the nested language issue.

I think I found a few more. I do not know enough to say whether it is
worth your time to look into them. You have already explained that this
part of the code needs to be redesigned from the ground up. In any case,
here are the others I found:

These two have errors of the type you've been fixing
(e.g. "\begin{otherlanguage} on input line 377 ended by \end{itemize}")
They both compile well when "always babel" is selected.
export/doc/nb/Intro_pdf5_systemF
export/doc/sk/Intro_pdf5_systemF

The following seems like a different case:
export/doc/fr/UserGuide_pdf5_systemF
It compiles fine with "Always babel". With polyglossia it gives the following
error:
! Undefined control sequence.
\in@ #1#2->\begingroup \def \in@@
                                  ##1#1{}\toks@ \expandafter {\in@@ #2{}{}#1...

I don't know if that is related to the type of bugs you've been fixing.

Let me know if you want me to look for more.

Scott