Am 26.10.2015 um 06:31 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

I think it is safe enough to support 2 years old features and would
therefore like to put it in.

Do we have any policy on this? What have we done in the past?

No strict one, but the feature should be at least in the current and previous TeXLive as far as I remember.
This is be the case here.

Since a style is added, this would be a simple fileformat change.

OK to go on?

Uwe have you tried to run the tests yet? Can you please navigate to your
build directory and run the command

ctest -R "modernCV"

before and after you apply the patch. Do the results change at all?

What does ctest do? There is nothing abut it in the Development.lyx file. Could you please add it there?

I cannot find a command ctest to execute. How can or should I execute it?

Of course modernCV.lyx compiles fine here. I always check that it compiles using TeX fonts. The docs and example files are not designed to compile them with custom non-TeX fonts. For example on Windows this often fails because many TTF and OTF fonts only support a certain Unicode subset or even not Unicode. We should therefore not promise things we cannot be sure they will work.

If you get an error with the ctest command, please let us know what it
is. I know this is probably annoying for you and you do not have much
time, but actually the tests are meant to save time.

However, I should have time the next 3 evenings and could write the lyx2lyx part for my change. This should be in time before the alpha. So if you give me the OK, I would do this right now.

thanks and regards
Uwe