Am 26.10.2015 um 16:51 schrieb Stephan Witt:

You missed the "Change to the build-directory." part of Kornels advice.

I think "D:\LyXGit\Master\lib\examples" isn't your build directory or at least
it shouldn't be so.

Thanks for this pointer. This works somehow but I still don't see if a test was passed or not. I only get this:

D:\LyXGit\Master\compile-result>ctest -N
Test project D:/LyXGit/Master/compile-result
  Test   #1: frontends/test_biblio
  Test   #2: support/convert
  Test   #3: support/filetools
  Test   #4: support/lstrings
  Test   #5: support/trivstring
  Test   #6: tex2lyx/roundtrip/test.ltx
  Test   #7: tex2lyx/cmplyx/test.ltx
  Test   #8: tex2lyx/roundtrip/algo2e.tex
  Test #199: lyx2lyx/parser_tools
Total Tests: 199

Where is the result?

Now I want to test modernCV.lyx as proposed by Scott then I get

D:\LyXGit\Master\compile-result>ctest -R "modernCV"
Test project D:/LyXGit/Master/compile-result
No tests were found!!!

I find modernCV.lyx in a subfolder and switching to t and repeat doesn't help:

D:\LyXGit\Master\compile-result\LYX_INSTALLED\Resources\examples>ctest -R "modernCV" Test project D:/LyXGit/Master/compile-result/LYX_INSTALLED/Resources/examples
No tests were found!!!

Kornel and Georg, could you please help me here?

So yes, you might think I am retarded but I cannot get tests to work and nobody
tells me how to do them.

AFAICS, you're asking for help regarding ctest now for the first time giving a
concrete example.

Hmm, Vincent said that People explained me already how it works. His reference did not explain much so I felt that I am too stupid to get it.

If things are that easy why can't they be documented? That is why we have the
Development.lyx file, no? There ctest is not mentioned.

I have to admit it took me some minutes too to realize how it works.
Therefore your complaint is valid. But you're using a strange tone, IMHO.
Nobody is interested in making you angry or frustrated.
And there is a fundamental problem with documentation of these things
on windows. Georg, who did most of the work, doesn't have the tools
and the desire to work on Windows.

The point is that nothing is documented but people tell me what I make wrong. I feel like sitting behind a high wall of tests hindering me providing new features, even simple ones like layout improvements. And that is frustrating! I mean I can now not even do a simple fileformat change to change a module because I cannot run required tests. I am an experienced LyXer but it was never so complicated to contribute to LyX.
This is a bad development in my opinion because we need devels on Windows.

thanks and regards
Uwe