Am Sonntag, 1. November 2015 um 21:27:11, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> On 2015-11-01, Georg Baum wrote:
> > Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> >> Optimist (I mean 'usable state').
> >> I am strongly against such policy. First one has to check if the reason is
> >> really babel/polyglossia conflict.
> >> There are already too many tests inverted, no one cares anymore.
>
> > We have a chicken and egg problem here. I started to work on the language
> > nesting stuff, and fixing this without introducing regressions is
> > impossible
> > without creating specific test cases first. So, for this particular area of
> > the code, the tests are already unusable, and we cannot get it into a good
> > state again without usable tests...
>
> > In principle I am with Kornel here, but in the current situation I think
> > the
> > only option we have is to set up more specific tests, fix the code one bug
> > at a time, and then begin to look at the automatic export tests again. In
> > the mean time, I don't care too much whether the failing tests are inverted
> > or not.
>
> Could we introduce a new status "suspended" - meaning just skip the test
> until a known bug is solved as we know the result is insignificant until then?
>
> This way, known problems will not mask new problems.

We already have such (specified in file "ignoredTests"). But as this tests are
never executed,
nobody cares for them anymore.
The tests here are such, that we know, we never resolve them.
Example:
We write a lyx file for odt/word/whatever output only. There is sense to expect
valid latex.

> Günter

        Kornel