On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 10:36:17PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 1. November 2015 um 21:27:11, schrieb Guenter Milde
> <mi...@users.sf.net>

> > Could we introduce a new status "suspended" - meaning just skip the test
> > until a known bug is solved as we know the result is insignificant until
> > then?

As Kornel mentions, we have "ignoredTests" for this.

> > This way, known problems will not mask new problems.

I agree with this goal. The current situation is a problem because like
you say it might mask new problems. I agree with Kornel that ignored
tests are not the solution. But I think that inverting the tests might
be a temporary solution. The only way to get clean working tests would
be to rever the commits and I don't think that is the right action for
this situation.

> We already have such (specified in file "ignoredTests"). But as this tests
> are never executed,
> nobody cares for them anymore.
> The tests here are such, that we know, we never resolve them.
> Example:
> We write a lyx file for odt/word/whatever output only. There is sense to
> expect
> valid latex.

I agree. We should not use ignored tests for temporary issues. Once we
put something in ignoredTests chances are strong that we will forget
about them for a long time.

Scott