On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Le 02/11/2015 21:36, Vincent van Ravesteijn a écrit :
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have prepared a unit test framework based on google-test (gtest). You
>> can see the commits at
>>
>> http://git.lyx.org/?p=developers/vfr/lyx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tests.
>> It includes gtest-1.7.0 (permitted by the license).
>

> Hi Vincent,
>
> What is the difference with the tests we current use (I mean the "make
> check" sort). The same but with better interface?
>
> JMarc

The current tests are all different executables, which is not really
optimal for speed in compilation and execution and has some overhead.
Now they all appear as different targets here and there. Using a test
framework also gives you a bunch of tools for writing tests (automatic
preparation and cleanup of objects, mocking, etc.). Then it gives you
the statistics and the ability to easily select tests you want to run,
etc.

Maybe, more importantly, having a proper framework may ignite the
spirit of creating tests, which then might become a new habit.

Vincent