On 11 Nov 2015, at 19:07, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Am Dienstag 10 November 2015, 10:21:02 schrieb Edwin Leuven:
>> dear all,
>>
>> when i insert a new frame, add the title and hit enter the new line is set
>> to “Frame”
>
>> similarly if i am editing the contents of my frame which is an indented
>> standard environment enter gives me a new line set to “Frame”
>
>> is it possible to have the environment default to “Standard" in these two
>> cases?
>
>> i think the current default basically never makes sense, or am i missing
>> something?
>
> Frame is just fine. It behaves equivalently to (nested) standard.

thanks Jürgen, but in my experience Frame does not behave the same as nested
Standard

once i start add for example an Itemize my slide is all messed up (both the
alignment, and a a new slide is added)

also, when i then exit the Itemize with a double <enter> the new environment is
now a Standard even though i started with a Frame

things get very messy

my slide layout is however as i expect it to be when i put the content in a
nested Standard (which the manual also recommends)

so atm i need to reset Frame to Standard and increasing the nesting every time
i add a line to my slide

this is interrupting my workflow, and my thought was that this could be avoided
if LyX would default to having a nested Standard as the default environment in
a Frame

but again, perhaps i am missing something?

regards, edwin