Le 12/11/2015 09:19, Edwin Leuven a écrit :
On 11 Nov 2015, at 19:07, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
Am Dienstag 10 November 2015, 10:21:02 schrieb Edwin Leuven:
dear all,

when i insert a new frame, add the title and hit enter the new line is set
to “Frame”

similarly if i am editing the contents of my frame which is an indented
standard environment enter gives me a new line set to “Frame”

is it possible to have the environment default to “Standard" in these two
cases?

i think the current default basically never makes sense, or am i missing
something?

Frame is just fine. It behaves equivalently to (nested) standard.

thanks Jürgen, but in my experience Frame does not behave the same as
nested Standard

once i start add for example an Itemize my slide is all messed up
(both the alignment, and a a new slide is added)

also, when i then exit the Itemize with a double <enter> the new
environment is now a Standard even though i started with a Frame

things get very messy

my slide layout is however as i expect it to be when i put the
content in a nested Standard (which the manual also recommends)

so atm i need to reset Frame to Standard and increasing the nesting
every time i add a line to my slide

this is interrupting my workflow, and my thought was that this could
be avoided if LyX would default to having a nested Standard as the
default environment in a Frame

but again, perhaps i am missing something?

I have the exact same experience with the Beamer layout. I wanted to react too but you managed to make it very clear, thank you.

Guillaume