Am 29.11.2015 um 03:00 schrieb Andrew Parsloe:

Your alpha2 installer appeared *very* promptly. Did it incorporate the
late commit from Richard about updating bind and ui formats?

You mean this one?:

www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/1bf01a8ad307729fa486563d600ba9d8c2320368/lyxgit

This would not explain your problems because we have the script that should convert to the right format. You copied a file in Format 1 into LyX's directory and the question is if LyX is supposed to be able to read it anyway or to convert it automatically. I don't know. So perhaps just file a bug report.

Besides this it seems that I built the lyx.exe including this patch. This was not the plan and I hate git for this. It is hard to figure out what branch is now really used. I took Scott's file into my build branch but it seems I compiled git master nevertheless.

However, it doesn't matter that I made this mistake, it must work anyway if it is supposed to work. Without my mistake you would have faced the same problem, with the only difference that Format 2 would be active but since you have a file with Format 1 the effect is the same.

If it
didn't then my problem may well stem from that fact, which would only
cause rather public difficulties for you. I've held off filing a bug
report in the meantime.

Many thanks for that but it was 3 AM when I compiled. So I invested some hours of my sleep to get it ready and only who don't do anything don't make any mistake. Normally I build and then test installers at least 1 day on several PCs but as I just got the feedback from you and Brian that everything is working now with my test installer I thought I just had to compile and throw the result into the installer.

best regards
Uwe