Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> I build from the tarball. To do so i create a new branch in my git to
> get all paths correct.

Can you please explain why you need to do anything in git? I ask because
building from a tar ball usually means

- unpack tar ball
- cd to the unpacked directory
- execute build script

and I want rto help that you can do it that way. If there is no git
involved, then you can be very sure that the build result comes only from
the tar ball and not from something in git. If git is involved, then this is
not easy to verify.

> In this case I compiled it correctly but put the files from the git
> master lib folder to the installer instead of the files from the tarball.
> The lyx.exe and tex2lyx.exe in the installer are the correct ones (see
> the date when LyX is started). So there is no need to release a new
> installer.

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9878 is a strong hint that the installer
contains at least some files that are not from the tar ball. This bug does
also demonstrate why it is so important that the labels of binary and source
packages match: If we had known from the beginning that Andrew was not using
alpha2, one of the very first things he would have been told is "use
alpha2", and then he would have noticed that the bug does not exist in
alpha2.

Georg