Am 29.11.2015 um 12:20 schrieb Georg Baum:

Well, this has a drawback: If we do this, then all files using local layouts
are not longer exportable to version 2.1.

Oh, that is a big problem in my opinion. I mean we promise backwards compatibility but also provide in the document settings the button to convert the LocalLayout to the latest format. But if the user uses this button, his files are currently not reversable, right?

To overcome this, layout2layout must be run for LocalLayouts when the user reverses a document to an older LyX version.

I would even go so far that we should fix this before the beta release if possible.

regards Uwe