Am 03.01.2016 um 17:15 schrieb Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org>:

> On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 05:09:50PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:

>>> I have been committing stuff while Uwe has been away. Some also comes in
>>> for stable.
>>>
>>> My own question:
>>>
>>> 4. Do we also want to try releasing an installer built with mingw? (Does
>>> that build an installer? or just LyX?)
>>
>> It creates LyX22-2.2.0-win32.zip.
>> Probably not an installer like used in windows.
>
> I don't understand how installers work for 32-bit vs 64-bit. Normally
> does our Windows installer contain both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries? Or
> we just release 32-bit and 64-bit systems are fine with it? Same for
> Mac?

For Mac there is no 32-bit Qt5 available. Therefore LyX 2.2 is primarily
as a 64-bit version on Mac provided. For very old systems it is possible
to build it with 4.8.6 on one of my old systems. The more modern systems
aren't able to build the Qt4 frameworks because of compiler errors nobody
has the intention to fix. That's why I'm keeping my old system and can
build a 32-bit LyX with 4.8.6 on it if there is someone asking for it.

Stephan