Am Freitag, 8. Januar 2016 um 12:21:44, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 07:09:44AM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> > On 2016-01-07, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > I don't think this can be fixed in the .lyx file, because I don't know of a
> > way to specify something to be printed before the \documentclass line!
>
> Good point. I forget whether this is currently possible.
>
> > Generally,
> >
> > * if the example/template/documentation source can be made more robust
> >   without becoming "hackish" --> fix the source
> >
> > * if the test machinery would need to be changed to "massage" a source to
> >   compile --> invert the test case
> >

> > * if LyX could be enhanced to care for a permanent TeX limitation
> >   --> file a ticket at track and invert the test case (inverted:lyxbug)
> >
> > * if a temporary TeX issue could be fixed by special-case handling in
> >   LyX but is rather a corner case --> invert the test case
> > (inverted:texissues)
>
> Good points. Maybe we should put something about this in Development.lyx
> since the topic does come up frequently. Maybe you already did. I did
> not check.
>
> > Specifically:
> >
> > * I don't think this merits special-case code in LyX to prepend these
> >   lines if Hebrew is compiled with luatex.
> >
> >   The above linked message says "*until the package is updated* you can
> >   simply alias the old name, ...". So we would add a hack for a temporary
> >   failure with a non-supported output format (polyglossia says
> >   Hebrew+LuaTeX is unsupported).
>
> Indeed. From what i understand, our file as it is should compile when TL
> 2016 is released in a few months.
>
> > * FreeSans seems to provide the correct script-support info not to trigger
> >   the false-positive error http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8035
> >
> >   However, setting all of "mainfont", "sansfont", and "monofont" to FreeSans
> >   seems "hackish" to me.

No it is not hackish IMHO. The test should show, that with a suitable font this
file is compilable.
It is a remnant from the times we had defined fonts for texF only.
If the non-tex font is defined in the document, it will be used.

> > > So whatever you guys decide is fine with me.
> >
> > My suggestion depends on how you (Scott) get the Hebrew documents to
> > compile:
> >
> > * special code in the test machinery (replacements or additions to the LyX
> >   source or the exported .tex file),
> >
> >   -> remove special code and re-activate the patterns in "suspiciousTests"
> >
> > * you have an old TeXLive version where this works
> >
> >   -> move patterns to "unreliabelTests"

In this case, that is a problem. But I don't know better.

> > * it does not longer work after updating TeXLive
> >
> >   -> re-activate the patterns in "suspiciousTests"
>
> The example file only compiles on an old system and (hopefully) on a
> future system (when TL 2016 is released).
>
> Thanks for the in-depth response and advice, Günter. I don't plan on
> spending any more time on this particular issue until 2016 is released
> and then I will check if that changes anything. In the mean time I'm
> fine with making the test a suspiciousTest or whatever else you and
> Kornel prefer.
>
> Scott

        Kornel