On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 08:11:19PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Freitag, 8. Januar 2016 um 12:21:44, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
> <skost...@lyx.org>
> > On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 07:09:44AM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:

> > > * FreeSans seems to provide the correct script-support info not to trigger
> > >   the false-positive error http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8035
> > >
> > >   However, setting all of "mainfont", "sansfont", and "monofont" to
> > > FreeSans
> > >   seems "hackish" to me.
>
> No it is not hackish IMHO. The test should show, that with a suitable font
> this file is compilable.
> It is a remnant from the times we had defined fonts for texF only.
> If the non-tex font is defined in the document, it will be used.

I agree with Kornel that it is not hackish of the tests. I think what
Günter's main underlying point (please correct me if I'm wrong) is to
make it clear that *LyX* (not the tests) should have a better framework
for encouraging system fonts by default for XeTeX and LuaTeX.

But since LyX does not do that, my opinion is that it is a great idea
for the tests to do the best job they can at testing the use of system
fonts. Note that we do not always use FreeSans---it depends on the
language.

Scott