Am 10.01.2016 um 22:21 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

I hope your trip went OK.

Hi all,

a happy new year. I am just back so don't expect too much - I have also a real life.

Do you have an idea of when you will be able to get
back to LyX development?

Tomorrow.

It would be nice to know so we can get an idea of when
to release beta1. Since we know you are busy, we have aggregated most of our
questions for you into one email.

The following letters refer to the person that asked the question.

G=Georg
R=Richard
S=Scott
GM=Günter

R1. Do we also want to try releasing an installer built with mingw?
(G response: IMO, we only need to release one installer. The mingw and MSVC
builds behave exactly the same (modulo bugs). So the question is rather whether
we do trust MSVC or mingw, and who does the build: If it is Uwe, it will be
MSVC, otherwise it will probably be mingw.

MSVC 2010 compiles fine here with Qt 4.8.x and most probably with Qt 5.5.1. MSVC 2013 compiles with Qt 5.5.1 but crashes with any file I try to open because of a libiconv issue. I will contact Peter to learn what he did in the meantime.

G1. Not a question but a prerequisite IMHO: The 2.2.0 release should also build
the prerequisite from the sources Peter added, using exactly the same compiler
as is used to build LyX.

It seems the sources Peter added are those I uploaded.

GM1: could we add a line
          \@ifpackageloaded{fontspec}{\unaccentedoperators}{}
      to the user-preamble of doc/es/UserGuide.lyx?

      This would work around a bug in babel-spanish preventing
      compilation with non-TeX fonts without affecting the default
      pdflatex output.

If Ignacio give his OK, then fine with me.

GM2: may we define alternative "non-TeX fonts" in the manuals containing
      characters missing in the default LatinModern Unicode fonts?

      Again, this would help compilation with non-TeX fonts without affecting
      the default output.

Is this really necessary? I mean the userGuide is there to describe the features of LyX. For special things we have special smaller files. So I propose to create some like e.g. yx-pic special manual.

S1. Can you build beta1 installers with both your original way and also using
the mingw build from Peter's build bot? From what I understand, this involves
downloading the zip from:
https://github.com/syntheticpp/LyX-bleeding-edge/archive/LyX-master-win32.zip

I will contact him and report back.

S2. Can you make the installers from *only* the tar ball

Sure. I try to do this but I am a human making mistakes. And the path handling stuff for the compiler is error-prone as hell. Thus I simply create a new branch in my git putting there the files from the tar. This assures that the compilation paths are correct.

S3. Richard has been committing updates to po files. Can you confirm that all
translation updates we have received have been merged? Has anyone emailed
updates to you privately?

I'll check.

S4. Can you still reproduce these two tickets?
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9892

I cannot tell right now.

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9900

No, see my comment there.

My question: what is the plan for LyX 2.2.0: Do we release with Qt 5.6 or not? Should I try out its beta version?

regards Uwe