Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 07/01/2016 06:10, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
>> The way to reproduce:
>> my keyboard autorepeat:
>> 1.xset r rate 300 180
>> 2. launch lyx & tutorial & fullscreen
>> 3. hold right arrow key until you get to the end of the
>>     first page and then left arrow until you get to first character.
>>
>> This test yields approx.:
>> 2.2: 32s
>> 2.1: 16s
>> 2.0: 14s
>>
>> I will send logs privately, they are not small.
>
> I reproduce the svg you sent for 2.2, since it is not so large either :)

More important is - can you reproduce the behaviour? It's pretty clear on my
machine without trying any special conditions, just high repeat rate of the
keyboard is needed.

> And I think it can interest other people.
>
> Questions:
>
> * is this a 2.2 built in release mode?

2.2 was build with O2 & enabled debug symbols, 2.0 was release mode (i.e.
including O2) but the completely stripped off the symbols after compilation.

> * do the two lyx version use the same zoom and font settings?

Yes.

> * could you try to install some Qt dbg symbols so that we can see what is
> happening in there?

Unf I'm short of time to play with this now. Maybe later.

> * how come that malloc does not appears in your 2.0 profile?

I can see three reasons
- the conversion from sysprof to readable output uses (adjustable) threshold
  for % of the routine to be included and malloc didn't make it for 2.0
- stripping debug symbols might affect sysprof
- malloc is not that much used in 2.0 :)

> * can you help me decipher what the % mean? For example, I see
>   [ Buffer::updateMacros 30.20% ] ----------15.07% ----------->[malloc
> 30.21% ]
>
>   I read it as: update macros takes 30% of total time, malloc too, and half
> of malloc time is due to updateMacros. Is that right?

Yep, sysprof should report % of total cpu usage (including other stuff running
in the machine) and percentage in the routine should include time of all its
subroutines (unlike gprof measurements IIRC).

Pavel