Le 11/01/2016 10:59, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
I reproduce the svg you sent for 2.2, since it is not so large either :)

More important is - can you reproduce the behaviour? It's pretty clear on my
machine without trying any special conditions, just high repeat rate of the
keyboard is needed.

I tried to play with different profilers at the time.
* I cannot get sysprof to give nice trees anymore. Are you on a 64bit target? It seems to me that life was simpler when I was in 32 bits linux. * I tried perf, but I am not sure what to do with it. Again, I do not get nice trees.

At some time, I convinced my self that there is as much time spent in toolbar updates than in painting itself. The reason is (would be) that it uses BufferParams::isExportable which does a full graph search in converters for each icon that we might want to enable.

I did not spend more time to investigate this, especially since we are moving office to Paris center next Thursday.

* is this a 2.2 built in release mode?

2.2 was build with O2 & enabled debug symbols, 2.0 was release mode (i.e.
including O2) but the completely stripped off the symbols after compilation.

Yes, but did you use --disable-stdlib-debug? This slows down LyX quite a bit. Using --enable_build-type=prof is nice because it uses the right flags for profiling.