On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 01:31:59AM +0100, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Am 13. Januar 2016 00:32:11 MEZ, schrieb Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org>:
> >Dear all,
> >
> >There is a question of whether we should release our binary for Windows
> >compiled against Qt 5.5.1 or 5.6.0.
> >

> It is not very complicated to switch between these two versions. So just let
> see how the timing becomes.

Although I am very open since I am not knowledgeable on this topic, I
would be quite hesitant to switch between 5.5.1 and 5.6.0 after beta. I
am not worried about how easy it is to switch in terms of compiling
(that is a separate set of concerns that I am not convinced are
trivial). I'm worried about Qt bugs. I have seen many Qt bugs affect
LyX. But I suppose we can have that discussion if the circumstances
permit (e.g. LyX has not been released by the time Qt 5.6.0 final has
been released, and the bug Enrico sees was fixed in Qt 5.6.0 final).

Scott