Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Le 01/02/16 20:49, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
>> So in summary, I think we should revert, release beta, have beta being
>> tested while we figure out updating the layouts, and then go forward
>> from there.
>
> Go for it. We cannot allow each and every bug that is not a real
> regression to block beta (this is not about this one particularly, but
> also some crashes that have been discovered recently). Releasing beta is
> very important to get proper feedback on 2.2 state.

+1

If we do revert, then we have to make the 504->505 file format conversion an
empty one, and if we later re-introduce an updated layout file, we have to
use a new file format number. This is important, because some people use
beta versions for serious work (and we are glad about every user who is
willing to accept this risk).

Georg