Am Montag, 22. Februar 2016 um 21:17:44, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> On 2016-02-21, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 21. Februar 2016 um 16:07:20, schrieb Guenter Milde
> > <mi...@users.sf.net>

> >> This is new. It worked fine here.
>
> > You can it see only if manually calling bibtex. It is a warning
> > otherwise which lyx and luatex ignore.
>
> However, did you also test that putting it into {} does not change the output?
> Is it the same for 8-bit tex vs. luatex and for {jacsat} vs. jacsat ?
>
> I assume this is supposed to be a pre-defined string but the definition may
> be missing...

> >> This resembles the description in suspiciousTests (the result of my
> >> experiments):
>
> >> # LuaTeX fails for an \mbox in an index, e.g. $a_{\mbox{a}}$.
> >> # This construct appears in the included bib file biblioExample.bib in
> >> # the entry Eisenstein2005. Error message is
> >> #   Missing character: There is no (U+6035) in font rm-lmr12!
> >> # (with system fonts: 602D and 6039)
> >> export/examples/(|es/)(europe|modern)CV_(dvi3|pdf5)_(texF|systemF)
>
> > Ah, yes. Did not think of looking at the description.
> > But, using your example,  ${a}_{\mbox{a}}$ would work.
>
> Did you try? It fails here. (Cf. lyx test file below.)

I tried the lyx file you sent. Luatex has no problem with deactivated 1st
branch.
I.e. if '${a}_{\mbox{a}}$' is active.

> >> Mailing the patch to the upstream author?
>
> >> Reporting the "mbox in index" problem to the LuaTeX authors?
>
> > This is not about \mbox I think.
>
> > This patch fixes the luatex testcase for me. (But not xelatex)
>
> There is still the mystery, why xelatex works here but not at your site.

Sure.

> The error report (missing character with some "strange" Unicode point) seems
> to point to a similar problem.

Unfortunately not similar. In case of xetex there is a problem to display the
glyph used for phone type.
Changing the phone type to e.g. 'mobile' or 'fixed' ==> no problem with xelatex.
Luatex has no problems here.

> Günter

        Kornel